If you are in sudden or emergency need of roofing repair contractors due to a severe weather event or other unfortunate circumstance, you may feel like time is of the essence and you don’t have much time to make a decision about who will do the work. Since your home is one of the largest investments you will ever make and the roof is critical to protecting it, take the time you need to ask critical questions of your roofing repair contractors before they start working.
You might ask questions like:
- Are you a local company? Who will actually do the repair work? If an issue arises later, you want someone local who can address it. Sometimes after major weather events, roofing crews from further away may do work in your area but be unavailable at a later time.
- How long has your company been operating, and how much experience does this crew have? The experience of the company’s owner may not have much bearing on the final results of your repair crew. Make sure someone with extensive experience will be on the job site and hold the crew to a high standard.
- When can you complete my roofing repair, and how long do you expect it to take? This may depend on the severity of your roof damage and the density of nearby homes with roof damage.
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded? These things not only keep the company employees safe, but they also protect homeowners from potential liability issues.
- How will you protect my property during the repair? Commonly damaged areas include gutters, driveways, and more.
- What kind of warranty can you offer on your workmanship? Reputable roofing repair contractors will stand by their work in writing.
Don’t let circumstances pressure you into settling for just any roofing repair contractors. Protect your home for the long-term by taking the time to find a company you can trust.